Shalom Hartman Institute of North America
June 26th, 2019
Building on its record as a leading center of Jewish thought and education, the Shalom Hartman Institute of North America has ambitious plans to build a vibrant Jewish community. Moving forward, the Institute is poised to grow and expand, with a vision to:
• Make Judaism compelling in the open marketplace of ideas.
• Commit our community to pluralism despite divisive partisan politics.
• Partner with Israelis to build an exemplary Jewish state.
• Foster partnerships between Jewish leaders and leaders of other communities.
• Nurture connections between American Jews and Israel.
Throughout 2019 and beyond, Hartman is expanding its reach and ability to effect change. New offices allow it to have impact in communities across the country. The Institute has more leaders, and more diverse leaders, in place than ever before, ready to build meaningful relationships with rabbis, educators, and leaders of other faiths. More research will be conducted by the Institute’s Kogod Research Center and David Hartman Center, with more research opportunities for scholars of today–and tomorrow. New program initiatives will be unveiled and expanded addressing some of the most pressing issues in Jewish life today–from Jewish values and American democracy, to Israel education, to how Judaism is taught at different points in life, to gender and equality, and more.
Learn more about the Shalom Hartman Institute of North America’s plans for expansion.