Here are resources and programs to support educators, parents, and families in the diaspora at this moment. We express deep gratitude to everyone doing their part to support Israel and our community, at home and abroad.
Supporting Educators and Families
- Taglit-Birthright Israel’s Onward Volunteer programs run through January, providing a “unique opportunity to stand with the people of Israel during these difficult times.”
- Boundless Israel provides resources to help you “stay informed, engage in conversations, and take action.”
- The Jewish Education Project and M² are working collaboratively to create and share resources. Check out “Israel in Crisis: Educator Community Hub” and “From This Moment. For This Moment” where you can find educational resources, prior webinars on how to engage children and teens, and a sign-up for “office hours.”
- Join The Jewish Education Project’s Rabba Yaffa Epstein on Fridays at 12pm ET for 30 minutes of Jewish wisdom to fill your souls and to connect with your fellow educators. This weekly, drop-in virtual learning space will be a chance for educators to gather, learn some great text together, and care for their own souls.
- Prizmah provides “Resources for Schools on Violence and Terrorist Attacks in Israel,” including student mental health services, webinars, and virtual meetups for faculty and educators, best practices for safeguarding schools, and more.
- The iCenter is creating resources and learning opportunities, as well as providing one-on-one support to think strategically about engaging in meaningful conversations with your community.
- Unpacked for Educators provides video, audio, and written resources covering history and current events to help educators “frame the situation and engage students in meaningful conversations.”
- Hebrew at the Center is curating, creating, and translating resources for Hebrew teachers in Jewish day schools that can also be used by others searching for good materials for North American students and youth but want them in their first language.
- The Center for Israel Education provides a package of videos, webinars, timelines, analyses, suggested readings, maps, and educator guides related to the war.
Supporting Professionals in the Workplace
Window into Israeli Society
Meaningful Prayers and Self-Care